Wednesday, April 4, 2012

nerd alert : big fish sampler 5

All romantic big fish games for this weeks nerd alert review! I was on a kick with the knightstone games and just kept going... I cant say no to a good love story


01/
Death at Fairing Point : a Dana Knightstone Novel

teapot | easel | horses

Dana Knightstone is a writer looking for inspiration at a Mansion in the Scottish countryside. Little does she know there is a ghost, and a love story, ready to take her on a novel worthy adventure.

the different areas were the best part of this game - you not only get to explore the house, but the village, and then other houses and locations after that. It was great because I didnt feel like I was constantly returning to the same area over and over again.

Overall strength of the games story line 5/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 6/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 5/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 6/6


 02/
Love Story : the Beach Cottage

message in a bottle | shell | sailboat

Your father has left you the beach cottage you stayed at when you were a kid. In slight shambles you explore and revisit long lost memories of lost love and seaside tragedy.

Honestly this game was kind of slow, predictable, and short. I knew that if I had played just a tiny bit faster I would've finished the entire game in the 1 hour trial period. The house was pretty cool, but the interactive areas were limited and left me wishing there was more to explore.

Overall strength of the games story line 2/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 4/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 0/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 0/6


03/
Death Under Tuscan Skies : a Dana Knightstone Novel

books | hat | bone


Dana is at it again, off to Italy to look for a romance that has been lost in history. After arriving at the University, she starts to unravel a mystery involving the disappearance of a student and a young girl with an incurable illness. Scour the libraries and campus grounds looking for clues as to what happened to the couple time has kept apart.

I do love the whole mysterious lost love idea behind the Dana Knightstone stories. Its expecially fun in the spooky setting of an Italian college. You arrive at night and start searching right away - solving puzzles, and exploring the historic campus.

Overall strength of the games story line 5/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 6/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 6/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 5/6


And the winner is...
I ended up buying Death at Fairing Point! It had a pretty solid ending, the story was good and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...