Wednesday, January 11, 2012

nerd alert : big fish sampler 4

Another BigFish sampler post! I might be addicted... Let me tell you a little about the three I played this past week... 

01/
Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend


Lillian, is from a long line of women gifted in the art of Voodoo. New Orleans has been put under a spell and she is the only one left to help. Save the town from evil and unravel the mystery behind the curse as you hear the stories from the people you encounter in the game.

The spell aspect of the game really takes it to the next level. There are different spells that you acquire as you progress in the game - and there are Voodoo recipes to make for each person you meet. This obviously makes the inventory items key - and since you know what to be on the lookout for, it makes the seek and find element of the game more relevant to the story.

Overall strength of the games story line 5/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 6/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 6/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 6/6

***** UPDATE : DO NOT BUY. I played and finished this game and it was.... to be continued!!! which is fine if I hadn't bought this game - felt like a total cop-out. not really that interesting to merit a sequel, and definitely not happy that there was literally no ending, it just stopped in the middle of the story.

 02/
Haunted Manor : Queen of Death



Your astranged sister writes to tell you that your parents have died and that you are both now orphans - you head home, sad and bewildered to find your family manor surrounded by evil. It soon becomes clear that you must do what you can to save yourself from the evil. Is you sister Stella behind this? or is she in danger too?

This is the first BigFish game that I have played from a child's perspective - your character is probably around 12 or 13 years old. The graphics are superb, the dying people are creepy, and you are kind of left guessing whats going to happen next. I feel like after the hour I was almost done with the game - but I could be wrong. My biggest qualm is that there is a back story of the manor being cursed and they barely explain it to the player. If there's a curse i want to know all the spooky details!

Overall strength of the games story line 3/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 6/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 2/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 3/6


03/
Penny Dreadfuls : Sweeney Todd



Sweeney Todd returns to London in search of revenge. Its your job to track him down and put an end to his murderous rampage before its too late. Walk around London town in search of clues and solve puzzles with items you find along the way.

This is a beautiful game - hands down one of the most nicely animated BigFish games I have played thus far. The details are outstanding - even the exit game pop up is designed to please. I also love the fact they honored the musical nature of the Sweeney Todd story with a song intro to the game. There is also a somewhat helpful peeler to narrate your moves throughout the game. very awesome.

Overall strength of the games story line 6/6
Quality of the graphics, especially in the seek and find elements 6/6
How far through the game did I feel I was after the hour 6/6
Odds that I would buy the full version of this game 6/6


So.. which one would I buy? I didn't technically have to buy any because I used 2 of my Big Fish Game Card Punches to buy BOTH Sweeney Todd and Voodoo Whisperer!! psyched!

** read the update for the voodoo whisper above. I wouldn't recommend buying this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...