Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DIY kitty bed


I've been a little out of control with the fabric leftover from making my curtains. i think every pillow in the apartment has been recovered, and i've made a chair cushion....

So when it came down to my last remnant, i wanted to do something a little more interesting.

I'd seen planters turned into cat beds on the internet before - but the DIYs didnt really give me much of an idea of how to actually construct the thing... so I kind of made this up as I went.

What you need:

1 planter - works best with something larger than 11" (the planter i used was 12" at its widest)  //  FREE
1 plastic dog water dish (10" wide, or however big your planter base is)  //  $1.50 at Ace hardware
1 round cushion the diameter of your planter, covered in a fabric of your choice  //  FREE
miscellaneous cat toys. // Miscellaneous prices.

What you do:

1. Clean the planter out
2. place the dog dish upside down in the bottom of the planter
3. fill the excess area with kitty toys
4. place the round cushion on top of the water dish. done!

I might try to find a cooler planter, but not too bad for under $2.00... and polly seems to like it too


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...