Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs : 1955 - 2011

// from here

This is very sad for me. I sit on my macbook and I read that Steve Jobs has died. I dont think I can sum up in a post how much he has impacted me, not only through the years of being a mac user, but also a designer, and ultimately - a huge nerd.

I remember the first pixels in my possession. a mac.

I can't tell you the model number because I couldn't read - but I could interact, and click, and play. and thats pretty phenominal isnt it? Thats what technology is about - subconscious understanding.
Every time I see a mother hand her toddler an iphone, i think about my first mac. And hopefully thats enough to keep his passion and energy for innovation alive.

Its unfortunate we lost such an entrepreneur and inspiration - But I will always appreciate what he did for artists, designers, computer graphics & the field industrial design. I will always appreciate the impact his ideas had on my personal life.

I know apple will continue to be great, but I also know it just won't be the same without him.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today. Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve. His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts." - Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...